Please download my current CV and Publications List above,
Please be aware that this is subject to change
Career overview below:
• A dedicated researcher and internationally published academic with a specialisation in Military Suicide and
Institutional Mental Health, Media and Social Communication, Gender, Power and Agency, and Military Medicine.
• Extensive academic and professional research experience within several organisations including: The University of Strathclyde, University of Glasgow, Glasgow Caledonian University, The University of the West of Scotland, The Scottish Parliament, National Library of Scotland, several independent charities, and Glasgow Museums.
• Over seven years of academic teaching experience with additional expertise in secondary school teaching, dissertation supervision, and professional training delivery.
• Several articles published in the media including pieces in Time Magazine, The Independent, and The Conversation.
• Currently researching and publishing on British Military mental health and suicide 1914-2018. Recently published a monograph with Bloomsbury Publishing on physical and psychological indoctrination, and abuse within the British Army in the First World War.
• Currently engaging with and supporting several military charities, veterans associations, and the British Army. As well as administering the Military and Institutional Mental Health History.